When: Saturday, June 6, 2015 | Where: Midway Plaisance, Hyde Park, Chicago
Time: Volunteers: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM | Event: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Urban Initiatives invites you to witness a one of a kind event. On Saturday, June 6, 2015 – in celebration of Urban Initiatives’ over 1,200 Chicago Public School students and the rapidly approaching FIFA Women’s World Cup – 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders from 35 Chicago Public Schools will gather at Midway Plaisance on the University of Chicago campus for a day filled with fun and soccer.
If you’re interested in volunteering at the Work to Play Cup, we’d love to have you join us. Follow the steps below to register and contact Kyle Haskins at email@example.com if you have any questions.
The Work to Play Cup will bring together kids and their families from Englewood, Little Village, North Lawndale, Austin and 23 other Chicago communities. This is not your average soccer tournament where at the end of the day just one winner is crowned. All 35 schools will receive their own Work to Play Cup for their exemplary display of an Urban Initiatives core values, such as Teamwork, Respect, Commitment and Healthy Eating.
The Work to Play Cup will showcase our innovative program that uses soccer to motivate children to adopt healthy lifestyles, develop stronger character, and reach higher academic achievement. The Work to Play Cup is the first of its kind has never been done before in the city of Chicago.
Registering to volunteer at the 2015 Work to Play Cup:
1) Click here to get to Urban Initiatives’ volunteer registration page.
2) Scroll down until you reach the section called “Volunteer your time to see UI’s impact firsthand.”
3) Check the box next to “I want to volunteer at the Work to Play Cup on June 6 from 9:00-2:00!“
4) Fill in your first and last name, email address, and organization (if you’re planning to volunteer with a group from an office, school, or community organization).
5) Select the volunteer roles that most interest you. Urban Initiatives will make every effort to pair you with your top choice.
6) Check your inbox for an email with the subject line “Work to Play Cup hooray!”
7) And you’re all set. Urban Initiatives’ staff will be in touch in May with overview materials and information about brief volunteer training sessions.